See the newsletter here:
February 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- "Union Square on the Right Path | From the New President" by Kimberly Crichlow noting Association growth, tree planting, map production, park improvements, Movies in the Park, Community Socials, and the Cookie Tour. Article also includes a shout out to former USA president, Christopher Taylor; plus plans to further reduce vacancy rates, fight crime and grime, promote beautification and streetlamp banners, build relationships with the police, seek grants, and support projects such as the Sowebo Landmark 5K. Article concludes with encouragement to join the USA, attend meetings, and participate.
- "Newsletter Distribution - Block by Black" seeks help with article submissions and distribution of the newsletter with contact information for Ivan Leshinsky, Editor.
- "Web Site Disclaimer"
- "Union Square Annual Progressive Dinner" with contact information for Debbie Adler.
- Poetry/Spoken Word Night at Clay Pots at 1635 West Pratt Street.
- "Online Grocery Shopping Launches in Baltimore"
- "Coming to a Location Near You" about the Sowebo Landmark 5K with contact information for Megan Schulze, Cari Schemm, and Ivan Leshinsky.
- "StreetScape" featuring "Bloom Your Block" and Gilmor St. Clean-Up
- "A Gem Right Here in our Neighborhood" about the Adler Gallery and Soweboarts, Inc. with contact information for Bill Adler.
- "Snow" a poem by Mary T. Lathrap
- Listing of new USA Officers: Kim Crichlow, President; Cari Schemm, Vice President; Eboni Zook, Treasurer; Emily Cochran, Recording Secretary; Ivan Leshinsky, Corresponding Secretary; Dave Cochran & Babette Leshinsky, Historic Preservation; Jacob Booher & Andrea Leahy, Directors at Large.
- USA meeting at 7:30 PM on Wednesday February 2, 2011 - location not disclosed in newsletter, but probably in the NDC at 1401 Hollins St.