See the newsletter here:
March 2011 Newsletter (PDF)
- "Getting Ready for a Change" by Kimberly Crichlow, President - an article calling for community participation and featuring plans for 2011 including "Bloom your Block" and an assortment of other projects to be revealed in future meetings.
- Planned topics for the General Meeting include updates about renovations to the park, City Council elections, the MTA Redline and information from Anne Fleshman about contain gardens related to the "Bloom Your Block" project (see www.BaltimoreContained.com).
- "Union Square Progressive Dinner" with contact information for Debbie Adler and Diane Asher
- "CCYD Bowlathon - April 30th" to have fun while supporting youth programs from the CCYD (see www.ccyd.org).
- "Streetscape" article by Andrea Leahy with information about the "Bloom Your Block" spring project plus an opportunity to sponsor a lamp post banner.
- "Baltimore Area College Students Coming to Union Square!" article by Eboni Zook about sponsoring students volunteers and the Baltimore Urban Program (see bmoreup.wordpress.com and www.intervarsity.org/donate/to/baltimoreup).
- "You Might Not Have Known..." article about JHU study of Abandoned Properties in Baltimore.
- "Useful Information When You Need Help" article including information about 911, 311, 410-666-Drug, and Senior Citizen Liaison contact information.
- Listing of USA Officers: Kim Crichlow, President; Cari Schemm, Vice President; Eboni Zook, Treasurer; Emily Cochran, Recording Secretary; Ivan Leshinsky, Corresponding Secretary; Dave Cochran & Babette Leshinsky, Historic Preservation; Jacob Booher & Andrea Leahy, Directors at Large.
- USA meeting at 7:00 PM on Wednesday March 2, 2011 at the NDC, 1401 Hollins St.